The troop meeting tonight is the planning meeting for the backpacking trip this weekend. We already have several scouts and adults signed up. If you plan to attend, please sign up!
New scouts, bring your backpacking pack and gear for a gear check by the patrol leaders. The troop has a lot of gear that you can check out and borrow if you are missing something (i.e. backpacking packs, tent, hammock, jet boil, etc.)
Planning topics for tonight:
1. Transportation to from Crags, meet at trailhead or carpool.
2. Backpacking Gear Check – bring your backpack and gear!
3. Gear checkout from quartermaster (troop has backpacking packs, tents, hammocks, jet boils, etc.)
4. Tents or Hammocks? (Note: BSA is encouraging individual tents)
5. Gear List – Backpacking
6. Gear List – Pikes Peak Day Hike
7. Meal Plan (Note: BSA is encouraging individual cooking)
8. Hiking route and 14er tips.
Parents, here the current Pikes Peak Council Covid Guidelines. Things are mostly normal but I will ask you fill out a screening form before the activity and please stay home if you have covid symptoms.