Boy Scout Troop 287
Meeting: Troop 287 Committee Meeting
Date & Time: April 10, 2018 7:30 PM
Location: Wilson United Methodist Church
In attendance: S. Warner, L. Durrenberger,P. Reeves ,R. Pharris, M. Pharris, M. Kellner,S. Johnston,S. Diggs, D Reeves. T. Sharp
Lisa Durrenberger – Committee Chair
- Discussion regarding recognition for 25 years being a Troop.
- Camp Card discussion and Bass Pro Sales in April 14th, 2018, camp cards distributed.
- Summary of Troop Roster count, 24 Scouts , 8 Scoutmasters.
- REMINDER ***Court of Honor date change to June 12, 2018.
- Discussion of Youth Protection Training, training has been updated and needs to be completed by October 2018. Email was sent out. There is also position specific training if needed.
- Discussion regarding proposed service projects.
Troop Secretary- Sandy Diggs
- Reviewed last March 13, 2018 meeting notes
Sean Warner – Scoutmaster.
- Great Sand Dunes feedback provided. Troop led with 2 hiking opportunities. The Visitor Center was a learning opportunity for scouts.
- Backpacking Trip scheduled for May 18th – 20th, 2018 , 2 levels of backpacking will be available for older and younger scouts.
- Summer Camp is coming up, starting June 17, 2018. It is important to have physicals completed and merit badge selection in.
- SeaBase Trip is scheduled for August 5-11th, 2019, Coral Reef Trip ,2 boats reserved , costs discussed. Asking for additional scouts to participate.
- Discussion regarding need for new troop gear.
- Order of Arrow nominations will be at the next scout meeting April 17th, 2018.
- Game Night, April 24th, 2018, 6 to 8 p.m. At Battlefield, 120 W Costilla St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903.
Danny Reeves – Committee Treasurer:
- Gave the current status of the Troop’s total accounts.
Sandy Johnston Committee Member
- Flag opportunities and positions discussed. Need all time slots for the season to be filled. Sign Up Genius for all 5 events will be sent.
- Reminder and follow ups will be made to all who sign up.
- Volunteers needed for Flag Program Coordinators.Troop and parent meetings are scheduled. Please all parents plan to attend May 1st, 2018