Here are the details for this weekend’s Camping Trip!
Its going to get cold at night! It looks like we have clear skies on Friday and Saturday but please note that the low on Friday is 33 degrees and 15 on Saturday. Scouts will be sleeping in Tents so please make sure you have a sleeping back rated to that temperature. If not, we do have the Barn as a back up plan if it gets too cold.
- 530pm: Meet at Wilson Methodist Church
- 6pm: Depart to Farish
- 7pm: Check into Farish – Set up Camp
- 7am: Make Breakfast (Cooking Merit Badge)
- 9-Noon: Fishing Merit Badge
- Noon-1pm: Cook Lunch (Cooking Merit Badge)
- 1pm-5pm: Fishing Merit Badge / Tomahawk and Archery Activities
- 5-7pm: Dinner (Cooking Merit Badge)
- 7-UTC Flag Retirement Ceremony – Free Time
- 7am: Breakfast (Cooking Merit Badge)
- 830am: Fishing Merit Badge – Free Time
- Noon: Break Down and Return to Church (Families are welcome to stay all day!)
Here is the PDF Version for full resolution: Strip map to Farish
This is what the Troop came up with….let me interpret! :
Friday Dinner: Scouts bring your own cookable meal. This is going to be something you can use a backpacking stove to cook dinner with. So it can be a dehydrated meal or something that you add hot water too. This is part of the Cooking Merit Badge Requirement. For family members, please bring your own meal for Friday night. Your choice!
Saturday Breakfast: Pancakes, Bacon and Eggs. Please prepare enough for everyone to include family and guests. Adults will have to bring their own coffee or if you would rather have something in addition to what the scouts are preparing.
Saturday Lunch: Scouts bring your own cookable meal. This is another meal that the scouts will cook using their backpacking stoves. So it can be a dehydrated meal or something that you add hot water too. This is part of the Cooking Merit Badge Requirement. Family members must bring their own lunch.
Saturday Dinner: Fish (If Caught), Hamburgers, Buns, Cheese, Potato chips and baked beans. Please cook enough for all the families. If families do not wish to have this meal then feel free to bring the food of your choice.
Camp Fire Snack: Smores (Chocolate, Marsh Mellows, Graham Crackers). This is part of the Cooking Merit Badge.
Sunday Breakfast: Eggo Waffles, instant oatmeal and Sausage Links. This is part of the Cooking Merit Badge. Plan to cook enough everyone to include family and guests. Adults bring your own coffee.
Sunday Lunch: On your own
Snacks for the weekend: Trail Mix
Other Items needed for shopping list: Charcoal, Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonnaise, Lettuce, Onion, Tomato, Cheese Slices, Butter, Tin Foil, Salt and Pepper, Paper plates, Napkins, plastic utensils.
- Note: We have 3 charcoal Grills that we can use to cook on, we have our troop Coleman Stoves, Backpacking Stoves and a fire pit. This diet does not accept for dietary restrictions such as gluten sensitivities or allergies. Please plan accordingly. The cost per scout on this trip will run approximately $15-$20. There is not a cost to family members.
- For food planning purposes, we have 10 Scouts, 6 Adult Leaders, and 8 Family Members for a total 24 people.
- Backpack (or Container to carry personal items)
- Sleeping bag (Rated to at least 0 degrees)
- Sleeping pad
- Class A shirt
- Winter Jacket
- Clothes to match the weather (layers)…some of the scouts will fall into the water. It happens every time. Bring a change of clothes.
- Beanie Hat
- Raincoat (Can also be used for warmth)
- First aid kit
- Fire making stuff
- At least 2 liters of water
- BSA handbook and any other merit badges you want to work on (You don’t have to carry the book…but write down what skills you want to accomplish)
- Mess kit
- Hygiene kit (toilet paper, trowel, toothbrush, toothpaste, wetwipes etc.)
- Broken in hiking shoes (proper footwear)
- Extra socks
- Healthy snacks
- Headlamps or Flashlights
- Cooking and Fishing Worksheets
- Troop Permission Slip http://www.bsatroop287.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/BSA_ParentPermissionForm.pdf
- Back Packing Camp chair
- Football, Frisbee, or extra fun stuff 🙂
- Jet Boil Stoves
- Patrol Boxes (Complete with Stoves and all cooking Items)
- Foldable Tables
- Patrol Canopies
- 5 Gallon Water Containers
Please message if I forgot anything.