Boy Scout Troop 287
Meeting: Troop 287 Committee Meeting
Date & Time: February 13 2017, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Location: Wilson United Methodist Church
In attendance: Sandy Johnston, Sara Chermack, Sandy Diggs, Pam Reeves, Sean Warner, Jonathan Weston
Sandy Johnston – Committee Chair
- Opened the meeting
- February 21, 2017 : Court of Honor, Chili Cook-Off, 5:30 p.m. set up, 6 p.m. dinner, 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Court of Honor. Sign up genius will come out with list of items needed.
- At the Court of Honor Scout account balances are due. Please come prepared to pay remaining Scout dues and monthly camp payments.
- There is a need for a volunteer willing to sew neckerchiefs. Please contact Sean or Sandy as soon as possible.
- There is an urgent need for a fundraising committee member. (flags and popcorn sales) Please consider the position and contact Sean or Sandy as soon as possible.
Pam Reeves – Committee Treasurer
- Gave the current status of the Troop’s total operating account
- Discussed the current status of equipment, scholarship and education funds.
Sean Warner – Scout Master
- February 21, 2017: a Council representative from Investment In Character (IIC) formerly Friends of Scouting will be presenting
- March 2, 2017: Dart Warz, 5850 Championship View #110, Colorado Springs 80922. (www.dartwarz.com)Game Night and Crossover information night. Please visit the website. A waiver might be required to be completed.
- TBD : March Backpack Trip and Campout, venue is TBD and proposed 5 to 6 miles
- TBD: April Backpack Trip Bishop’s Castle, 12705 State Hwy 165, Rye Colorado. (www.bishopcastle.org)
- Sign Up Genius will be sent for planned events