Troop 287 Committee Meeting
June 10, 2014
Approval of Minutes – Kathy approved. Sandy seconded
Scoutmaster Report – NA – away at Philmont.
Chris Swanson asked committee to sign reference sheets for summer campout.
- Saturday June 28 – Sunday 29 – one night camp out at church for new scouts to prepare to summer camp. Start at 1PM to 1PM next day. The goal is to knock out merit badges that won’t be at summer camp. Also do 5 mile hike through Ute park. Tom will check with the church for approval.
Advancements Report – NA
- Will reported that we lost 27 flags subscriptions this year. It was suggested that another route be added in his neighbourhood.
- Have enough drivers and scouts for Flag day June 14.
- Tom reported two flags were dropped off to retire the flags. Tom suggested a donation to drop off flags to be put into the scholarship fund.
- Kathy reported we are on track with the budget. All outstanding payments have been received. Camp Jeffrey is paid up. Jen approved the treasurer’s report and Sandy seconded.
- Sandy volunteered to take over camp coordinator duties. She will start looking in the fall for summer camps. Kathy suggested downloading information of all camps in Colorado for scoutmaster and have the boys pick the one they want to go to. Pick first and second choice and dates of the camps. Boys need to commit to going early in the year. The goal is to make an estimate and plan for that.
- Kathy will update Tom as contact for the troopmaster renewal in September.
- Sandy reported results from soapbox derby. Noah Walker was 4th in superstock division. Riley McNewb sixth, Josh Johnston eighth place.
Next Meeting – Tuesday July 8 – 6:30 PM
Adjourned at 7:20.