Troop 287 Committee Meeting
March 14, 2014
Welcome – Attendance: Jen J, Joyce S., Kathy K, Sandy J, Tom S., Keith M., Will M.
Approval of Minutes – Jen made a motion to accept minutes, Sandy seconded
Scoutmaster Report – Keith
- Working on the aviation merit badge. Visited the CS control tower last weekend.
- Lockout scheduled for April sometime to do troop inventory of equipment. Possibly the last weekend of April 11 or weekend of April 25.
- Possible backpacking last week in May or campout possibility May 17 with Pack 6.
- Troop will need volunteers to provide transportation to Philmont and summer camp.
- We have three joining the troop from Pack 6 and one from Pack 2.
- Flag day flags will need younger guys to participate due to older boys being at Philmont.
- Order of the Arrow electionns scheduled for April 1.
- No meeting for spring break week.
- Next COH is May 20
Tom reported that there is a men’s fellowship meeting at the church on May 10 around 6PM. Boys can each $ by participating in the dinner. He will provide a full report on April meeting.
Advancements Report – No Report
Treasurer’s Report – Kathy – Jen made a motion to approve. Sandy seconded.
- Mulch fundraiser will be tabled for another time. Kathy made a folder and put in file cabinet
- April is Scout food donation month. Troop is expected to collect donations and turn in to council on April 12.
- Committee reviewed and approved a scholarship application.
- Committee may have a volunteer to do treasurer when Kathy leaves.
- Sandy will volunteer for membership if someone else will volunteer for flags.
- Soapbox derby – June 1 practice, inspection May 31, June 8 race – two weekend commitment. Location is downtown Colorado Springs – $25 dollars to enter. Tom will check with boys to see who is interested. Troop has cars.
- Veterans Day is November 11 which is a Monday. Scouts will be in school so the troop would like to do flags the weekend before. Kathy will check with Rotary about this option and report back to committee.
- Troop will do the flag hangers on Memorial Day weekend when boys do the flags. 3 scouts will participate in each route.
- Sandy will suggest that the Rotary repair the flags during the lockin.
- Rotary will reimburse us for caps and door hangers. Will need more parent involvement in flags since Sandy will be limited in how she can support.
Next Meeting – Tuesday April 15 – 6:30PM
Meeting adjourned. 7:45