March 2014 Committee Meeting Minutes

BSA Troop 287 —  April 7, 2014 — Leave a comment

Troop 287 Committee Meeting

March 14, 2014



Welcome – Attendance: Jen J, Joyce S., Kathy K, Sandy J, Tom S., Keith M., Will M.

Approval of Minutes – Jen made a motion to accept minutes, Sandy seconded

Scoutmaster Report  –  Keith

  • Working on the aviation merit badge. Visited the CS control tower last weekend.
  • Lockout scheduled for April sometime to do troop inventory of equipment. Possibly the last weekend  of April 11 or weekend of April 25.
  • Possible backpacking last week in May or campout possibility May 17 with Pack 6.
  • Troop will need volunteers to provide transportation to Philmont and summer camp.
  • We have three joining the troop from Pack 6 and one from Pack 2.
  • Flag day flags will need younger guys to participate due to older boys being at Philmont.
  • Order of the Arrow electionns scheduled for April 1.
  • No meeting for spring break week.
  • Next COH is May 20

Tom reported that there is a men’s fellowship meeting at the church on May 10 around 6PM.  Boys can each $ by participating in the dinner. He will provide a full report on April meeting.

Advancements Report – No Report

Treasurer’s Report  – Kathy – Jen  made a motion to approve. Sandy seconded.

Other items

  • Mulch fundraiser will be tabled for another time. Kathy made a folder and put in file cabinet
  • April is Scout food donation month. Troop is expected to collect donations and turn in to council on April 12.
  • Committee reviewed and approved a scholarship application.
  • Committee may have a volunteer to do treasurer when Kathy leaves.
  • Sandy will volunteer for membership if someone else will volunteer for flags.
  • Soapbox derby – June 1 practice, inspection May 31, June 8 race – two weekend commitment. Location is downtown Colorado Springs – $25 dollars to enter. Tom will check with boys to see who is interested. Troop has cars.

Flags Update

  • Veterans Day is November 11 which is a Monday. Scouts will be in school so the troop would like to do flags the weekend before. Kathy will check with Rotary about this option and report back to committee.
  • Troop will do the flag hangers on Memorial Day weekend when boys do the flags. 3 scouts will participate in each route.
  • Sandy will suggest that the Rotary repair the flags during the lockin.
  • Rotary will reimburse us for caps and door hangers. Will need more parent involvement in flags since Sandy will be limited in how she can support.

Next Meeting – Tuesday April 15  –  6:30PM
Meeting adjourned. 7:45

BSA Troop 287


No Comments

Be the first to start the conversation.

Leave a Reply