Boy Scout Troop 287
Meeting: Troop 287 Committee Meeting
Date & Time: May 9, 2017, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Location: Wilson United Methodist Church
In attendance: S. Johnston, S. Chermack, S.Diggs, D. Reeves, P. Reeves, S. Warner, J. Weston. S. Cucaro, M. Cucaro, T. Sharp, J. Brinkman, L.Durrenberger, M.Pharris, J. Brinkman
Sandy Johnston – Committee Chair
- Discussion regarding need of Flag coordinator; still need volunteer and Flags coming up May 29, 2017
- Discussion regarding scout payments for participating in flags, by route or by scout
- Flag Parent Meeting Tuesday May 23, 2017
- Discussion regarding Sandy Johnston stepping down from Committee Chair late 2017, please inquire if interested in position.
- Discussion of camp out payments due dates
- Discussion of guidelines and notification of cancellation of Troop events , Responsibility for parents to notify scoutmasters . Responsibility of parents to make payments for outing if appropriate notice not given. (There are preparations and food expenses to take into consideration)
To approve flag payments by scout
To approve camp out payments due Tuesday before camp out at Troop meetings
Sean Warner – Scoutmaster
- Discussion regarding need for Outdoor Coordinator ; position filled within meeting
- Discussion of to move May Court of to August 2017.
- Camp out on schedule for May 19, 2017, change from Farish to Tarryall Campgrounds
To approve next Court of Honor for August 15, 2017.
Danny Reeves – Committee Treasurer:
- Gave the current status of the Troop’s total operating account
Tom Sharp- Chartered Org. Rep Committee Member
- Discussion Eagle Board of Reviews; please take serious consideration to participate at the next opportunity. This is good experience to see what your son can prepare for.
- Soap Box Derby interest discussed, 4 to 5 scouts expressed interest