Boy Scout Troop 287
Meeting: Troop 287 Committee Meeting
Date & Time: June 21, 2016, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Location: Wilson United Methodist Church
Sandy Diggs, Sandy Johnston, Jon Ullmann, Carrie Peterson, Pam Reeves, Danny Reeves, Joyce Stafford, Caryn Waldin, Andrea Warner, Jonathan Westcott, and Lisa Woodard.
Sandy Johnston – Committee Chair
- Opened the meeting
- Discussed the need for volunteers for the Committee: Outdoor Equipment Coordinator, Training Coordinator, and a few other positions are still open.
- Upcoming events:
- Tuesday, August 9th, will be the next Committee Meeting
- Tuesday, August 16th, Court of Honor, Ice Cream Social theme, set-up at 5:30 p.m., activities begin at 6:00 p.m.
- Made a motion for the Troop’s web domain hosting account to be henceforth put in the name of the Committee Chairperson
Andrea Warner – Treasurer
- Various Treasurer Reports and Scout Account statements were passed out
- Reconciliation Reports were given to Committee Secretary for approval
- Discussed balance for Summer Camp expenses
- Discussed the need to disperse excess funds from camp-outs
- Made a motion for leftover camp-out funds and additional misc. credits to be given to the Troop Equipment Fund
- Motion was approved, and a total of $768 will put in the Troop Equipment Fund for the purchase of camping equipment
- Brought up the need for a Troop Budget to be created
- Discussed the need to step down as Treasurer; will be available for several months to work with her replacement
- Pam Reeves and Danny Reeves accepted the job, and will be our new Troop Co-Treasurers!
Jon Ullman – Scout Master
- Scouts are currently working on the Coin Collecting Merit Badge
- Troop equipment needs: backpacking stoves, water coolers, water filters, etc.
- Upcoming events:
- Friday, July 15th to Sunday, July 17th will be a Troop backpacking weekend to take place in Stanley Canyon (on Air Force Academy grounds); trails range from beginner to moderate level; an excellent location for first-time backpackers
- Friday, August 5th to August, 8th – the “high-adventure” trip for the older Scouts this summer will be a 4 day/3 night backpacking trip in a remote Colorado location