Boy Scout Troop 287
Meeting: Troop 287 Committee Meeting
Date & Time: November 10, 2015, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Location: Wilson United Methodist Church
Jon Ullman, Sandy Johnston, Mary Cuccaro, Tom Sharp, Andrea Warner, and Lisa Woodard.
Jon Ullman – Scout Master
- Game Night at Trampoline World was a recruiting success. Jim Brinkman’s Cub Scouts are psyched about joining Troop 287!
- Planning Calendar has been made & will be put in our Google Doc Drive
- Mark your calendars:
- November 14th Saturday – Nick Ullman’s Eagle Project day at Glen Eyrie
- November 17th Tuesday – Thanksgiving Court of Honor, 5:30 pm arrival
- November 20-22nd – Glen Aspen camping trip; Geocaching Merit Badge
- November 28th Saturday – 1:00 – 3:00, Ben Swanson’s Eagle Court of Honor
Andrea Warner – Treasurer
- Treasurer report was passed around; reconciliation report TBA next month
- Boys must turn in all popcorn money November 17th at the Court of Honor
- Popcorn sales were successful; 10 Scouts participated in selling Popcorn
Sandy Johnston – Committee Chair
- Court of Honor – Thanksgiving theme – boys will bring the dessert and participate in a Dessert Contest!
- Sign Up Genius will be used to sign up to bring food to the Thanksgiving COH
- Parents should bring their checkbooks to the COH. Money due: Summer Camp payment and re-chartering fee.
- Discussed the need to buy Troop 287 t-shirts. Committee agreed that an order should be placed for 10 small t-shirts to prepare for 2016’s incoming Scouts.
Tom Sharp – Charter Organization Representative
- The Troop open-bed trailer is currently missing; it is believed that Dave Krezbian was the last to use the trailer.
- The larger ‘closed’ Troop Trailer should be locked for safety.