Boy Scout Troop 287
Meeting: Troop 287 Committee Meeting
Date & Time: April 19, 2016, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Location: Wilson United Methodist Church
Jon Ullmann, Lisa Woodard and Sandy Johnston.
Sandy Johnston – Committee Chair
- Opened the meeting
- Tuesday, May 9th: 7:30 pm is the next Committee Meeting
- Tuesday, May 17th: Court of Honor, BBQ theme
- Gave an update on Summer Camp; 20 (maybe 21) boys will be going to camp
- Merit Badge workshop selections for Summer Camp open on May 4th
- Report given on our Flags Fundraiser:
- Monday, May 30th is Memorial Day and our first Flag Fund-raiser day
- Thank you to Deb Walker for volunteering to be our new Flag Coordinator
- Parents needed! Each Scout’s parent or guardian is needed to drive TWO times this year; there are five Flag holidays and each of those will need drivers for the morning and evening shifts
- Tuesday, June 14th is Flag Day, and we will be calling on the older Scouts to distribute flags that day while the younger Scouts are at Summer Camp
Jon Ullman – Scout Master
- The boys are currently working on a couple of Merit Badges
- The Coin Collecting Merit Badge will start in May; Jim and Floyd will be the coordinators
- Increase in Flag subscriptions: the hard work of all those who handed out door-hangers produced an increase of about 21 new Flag subscriptions
- Monday June 6th: Trip to the Denver Mint for the Coin Collecting Merit Badge
- Summer High-Adventure Trip: details are in the works for a 30-mile backpacking trip that will span 3-5 days; this “unofficial” High Adventure Trip will allow the under-14 Scouts to participate. Trip will occur possibly the last week in July (around the 22nd to the 31st); several locations in Colorado are under consideration.
- Preparations are being made for our Boy Scouts to participate in the Centennial Pebble program which will celebrate 100 years of Scouting!