Boy Scout Troop 287
Meeting: Troop 287 Committee Meeting
Date & Time: July 12, 2016, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Location: Wilson United Methodist Church
In attendance: Sandy Johnston, Carrie Peterson, Jon Ullmann, Jonathan Westcott, Lisa Woodard.
Sandy Johnston – Committee Chair
- The meeting was opened
- All parents are requested to complete Youth Protection Training
- The upcoming ‘Flag Fundraiser’ days are Labor Day and Veterans’ Day
- Both Scouts and parents are asked to volunteer once a year for ‘Flags’ (both morning and evening route); spreading it out this way ensures that the job is shared equally amongst all
- If a parent has not yet volunteereded, please keep these future ‘Flag’ days in mind — Labor Day in September and Veterans’ Day in November — and take a look at the Sign-Up Genius emails when they come around
- Jonathan asked who is responsible for keeping flag subscriptions up; Sandy and Jon’s answer was “both” – the Troop and the Rotary Club work together to solicit Flag subscriptions
- August 9th: Regular Troop Meeting and the next Committee Meeting
- August 16th: Ice Cream Court of Honor
Jon Ullmann – Scout Master
- A large amount of camping supplies have been purchased for the Troop
- This weekend’s Stanley Canyon backpacking trip will be well attended; 17 Scouts and 7 adult volunteers are going!
- Next week’s Troop meeting – Tuesday, July 19th — will be a planning meeting for the August “high-adventure” 30-mile backpacking trip
- We may not have a Game Night in August – Tuesday, August 2nd
- August 4th – August 7th; “high-adventure” 30-mile backpacking trip for the older Scouts in, perhaps, Lost Creek
- Court of Honor, August 16th, all of the new Scouts will receive their three-ring binders. There will be a lot of rank advancements and Merit Badges to award.
- Nick Ullmann earned Eagle Rank; looking at Sunday, October 2nd to hold his Eagle Court of Honor