Hello Scouts and Parents,
Troop 287 will go to Camp Cris Dobbin’s for 2019. Here is the link to the campground: http://www.denverboyscouts.org/camp/boy-scout-adventures/peaceful-valley-scout-ranch/camp-cris-dobbins/46004
Summer Camp Stuff!!!
Make sure you have Scout Physical’s completed. Download, print and bring this exact form to your doctor. No other physical form will be accepted. Parts A, B and C must be completed. Scout’s that do not have this filled out and signed by their medical provider will not go to summer camp. Download your physical form here: https://www.scouting.org/health-and-safety/ahmr/
The next most important priority is to schedule and get your scout physicals completed using the BSA Physical Form. YOU MUST USE ONLY THIS FORM to go to summer camp. Any other form will not work. Your medical provider MUST SIGN PART C of this form. The Parent will fill out Part A and B.
In addition to a physical, you must fill out this Colorado Addendum form. Here the URL incase the link doesn’t work: http://www.bsacoloradoadventure.org/document/colorado-health-form-addendum/120741
Additional Addendum: http://www.denverboyscouts.org/openrosters/DocDownload.aspx?id=188687
Health and Medical Records Checklist
- All youth participants must have a medical form with parts A, B, and C. Additionally, all youth must have the Colorado addendum and the NEW Colorado Addendum (released early 2019) filled out.Please attach a photo copy of the youth’s health insurance card. (Forms can be found atwww.DenverBoyScouts.org/Camps)
- All adult participants staying overnight must have a medical form with parts A, B, and C. Please attach a photocopy of the adult’s health insurance card.
- RECOMMENDED: Day visitors should provide a medical form in case of emergency.
- Make a copy of all medical forms for both youth and adults. Copies cannot be made at camp, and the
Denver Area Council will keep these records for designated amounts of time per Colorado law.
All youth who take medications including but not limited to prescribed medications, herbal supplements, vitamins and over-the-counter medications must have these listed on Part B of the medical form.
- Part B must be signed by a licensed medical practitioner under the medications list.
- Per Colorado law, all medications will be stored and dispensed by camp medical personnel.
- All medications must be in original containers, marked with the Scout’s name and unit number.
Only send dosages needed for the week.
▪ Daily pill containers and any other containers are not allowed.
- Medical Marijuana is not allowed and will not be dispensed per the Guide to Safe Scouting.
- All youth who need to carry life-saving medications must complete the “Contract to Self-Carry”.
This must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- RECOMMENDED: The “Medication Administration Record” filled out prior to arrival.
Merit Badge Stuff!!!
Please check out the merit badge options on the program guide. Please choose what Merit Badges that your scout would want to take and make sure they fit into the schedule.
Adult Leader Reference Form:
All Adult leaders attending summer camp must get a physical and have this adult leader’s reference form: http://www.denverboyscouts.org/document/peaceful-valley-leader-reference-form/181059
- Sleeping Bag (20 degrees)
- 3‐4 shirts (not co on)
- 1‐2 pants (no jeans)
- 2‐3 shorts (no jeans)
- 1 pair of sturdy hiking shoes
- 1 pair of tennis/ac vity shoes
- 3‐4 pairs of underwear (no co on)
- Rain gear (shirt and pant
- Hat (Full brimmed recommended)
- 5‐6 pairs of hiking socks
- Mess kit
- Pocket knife
- Daypack to carry items
- Hydration pack or Nalgene style water bo les (at least 3 quarts total)
- Bug spray
- Body wash
- Shower shoes Toothbrush
- Folding chair
- Favorite outdoor game (op onal) Walking poles/s ck
- Footlocker to hold everything
Personal Packing List
Camp Alexander will provide the following
- Cooking equipment for patrol cooking.
- Patrol Box
- Dining Fly/Car port
- First aid kit
- Transpiration to/from activities
- Gear for climbing , biking, and whitewater ra ing