Tuesday’s Meeting – Camp Out Planning and Prep

Sean Warner —  July 9, 2018 — Leave a comment


This weeks meeting will be from 7-830pm as normal.  Due to the fires down south near Bishops Castle we are going to do some planning tonight in addition to camping preparations. Here is our options:

  • Option 1 – Continue Camping near Bishop’s Castle as planned.  I contacted the forrest rangers to see if its still safe to camp on Squirrel Creek trail near bishops castle.  The Adobe fire is north of it and is getting some containment but we will not camp at this location if there is any risk of danger.
  • Option 2 – Blake M has offered up his Condo in Telluride, sleeps 12.  With this option the Troop will need to leave on Thursday to allow for the travel time. This is really nice of Blake to do this and I don’t know if this will happen again! But Adult leaders would have to commit to departing Thursday and Returning Sunday.
  • Option 3 – Hike a 14er and camp nearby. We are doing Mt Harvard Next month also so this would be two 14ers back to back campouts. Doesn’t mean we can’t do it and don’t be nervous that this is too much. There are plenty of 14ers that are moderate hikes 🙂

Scouts and Adult leaders will decide what the plan is at tomorrow’s meeting. Scout leadership will come up with a packing list and meal plan based off the camping decision.

The goal is to stay steady and keep the campouts going!!  The Troop’s Charater and Spirit is derived from High Adventure and determining solutions so let’s try to make something happen!!

Adult leaders please come with some idea’s for locations if the 14er options sounds good to you! I would also like to mention that Mom’s CAN come on these trips too!!!


Sean Warner


No Comments

Be the first to start the conversation.

Leave a Reply