Committee Meeting - August 12, 2014
Welcome to the informative and exciting page of notes from your very own Troop 287′s Committee Meeting. Enjoy!
1) Jen Jirous – Committee Chair:
- Opened the meeting.
- Minutes from July were approved (Secretary’s note: “phew!”)
2) Keith Moore – Scoutmaster:
- Order of the Arrow initiation this weekend, Fri the 15th and Sat the 16th
- Court of Honor, next Tuesday the 19th – Ice Cream Social. Each boy will bring his favorite ice cream topping.
- Aviation Merit Badge will be finishing up, Saturday the 23rd 8 am – 12 pm – email Chris Woodard for more details
- Soup Kitchen, August 24th
- Tyler Uhlman, Eagle Court of Honor, Sunday the 23rd at 3:00
- Labor Day ‘Flags’ fundraiser needs a few more Scouts and more drivers
- Zombie Apocalypse; happening on the Friday after Labor Day
- Will get Cub Scout ‘Wee-be-lo’s’ to come for a Game Night on September 23rd
- 20-mile hike coming up on a Saturday in October – details forthcoming
3) Joyce Moore – Advancement Chair:
- Joyce talked about recruitment, rank advancements and that many Merit Badges will be awarded at the Court of Honor.
4) Phil Stafford – Treasurer:
- Phil handed out treasurer reports; troop finances were discussed.
- Popcorn selling season is coming soon.
5) Court of Honor:
- Boys will build a rope bridge
- Committee is providing the ice cream and the syrup; boys will provide the toppings
- There will be a slide show of pictures from Philmont
- Change of leadership – Senior Patrol Leader
- Announcement will be made to give Scouts $20 bucks each for recruiting a new member
6) Special Game Night:
- Mark your calendars for Tuesday, September 23, at 6:00.
- This will be a recruitment night to give local Cub Scouts a chance to check out our awesome troop
- Agenda: dinner and games
- Spread the word!