Attached is the information for the Campout and Mt Harvard Hike this weekend.
Weather: We will be hiking up on Saturday and the weather looks good.
5pm: Meet at Wilson United Methodist Church
530pm: Depart to Buena Vista
745pm: Arrive at Arrowhead Campground
6am: Wake UP
7am: Start Hike up Mt Harvard
9am: Depart Buena Vista
1130am: Arrive Back at Wilson United Methodist Church
Camp Ground Information: We will be staying at Arrowhead Point Campground in Buena Vista. The cost is $10 per person. https://arrowheadpointresort.com
Packing List for Mt Harvard Campout
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad
- Class A shirt
- Clothes to match the weather (layers)
- First aid kit fire making stuff
- Bug spray
- Binie hat
- Baseball cap
- At least 2 liters of water
- BSA handbook and any other merit badges you want to work on
- Mes kit
- Hygiene kit (toilet paper, trowel, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.)
- Broken in hiking shoes (proper footwear)
- Extra socks
- Healthy snacks
- Spending Money * *This campground has a stocked trading post with tons of snacks
Friday dinner: bring your own.
Saturday breakfast: instant oatmeal, and bananas.
Saturday lunch: turkey and cheese sandwiches, oranges and hard boiled eggs.
Saturday dinner: hamburgers, and corn on the cob.
Sunday breakfast: toast, and hard boiled eggs.
Snacks: bring your own, and chewy bars.
If extra money: tang, lemonade, and cookies.
Shopping List (Austin is picking up these groceries for the troop)
- chewy bars
- instant oatmeal
- hamburger meat
- corn on the cob
- butter hamburger buns
This information was prepared by Ignacio, the ASPL