All right! Summer Camp 2014 is just a few days a way.
Please arrive at Wilson Church parking lot no later than 7:45 a.m. We will try to leave by 8 a.m. Scouts are to travel in their Class A uniforms (have them bring a hanger for their uniform at camp).
We have to be out of camp by 9 a.m. on Sunday and expect to return to Wilson Church between 12 and 2 p.m. Please be available to pick up your scout around that time. We’ll try to call parents when we’re en route.
STILL NEED medical forms and copy of insurance card (front and back) for:
The boys will NOT be allowed to go to summer camp without copies of their complete medical forms and insurance cards. Please BRING THEM SUNDAY MORNING!
- Class A Boy Scout uniform
- Sack lunch for Saturday’s drive to camp
- $6-10 lunch money for return drive on Sunday (put in envelope with boy’s name and give to Swanie)
- mosquito repellent
- tooth brush and tooth paste
- signed parent permission form
- no open toe shoes … have a pair of boots and a pair of sneakers
- hat with broad brim
- personal water bottle … with some form of attachment (e.g. carabiner)
- rain poncho
- sleeping cot and pillow (extra air or foam pad optional)
- folding camp chair (if we have room to transport them)
- 50-100′ personal cord … can be useful for tarps or hanging clothes inside tents
- Personal spending money for trading post
- Scout Handbooks
- Fire N’ Chit and Toten’ chit cards
- Flashlight (head lamps are pretty handy) with extra batteries
- Hanger(s) for scout uniforms
A lot of these items should already be on the personal checklist. Be sure to use a marker and write the scout’s name and “Troop 287” on clothing and items that can tend to be left behind (hats, water bottles, books, bags, etc.).
Also, we will be purchasing some snacks for the whole troop so Scouts don’t have to bring their own. Good idea since we have to put all smellables in the bear box every night.
About personal pocketknives … they must be no longer than four inches and they MUST be able to lock. Most Swiss Army-type knives don’t lock and are now banned by BSA. They must have their Totin’ Chip card if they carry a pocketknife.
Also, if you haven’t already, be sure to keep a copy of your BSA medical form for yourself. They’re good for all BSA camps. Camp Jeffries is going to keep the copy we provide them. If you didn’t make your own copy and already turned in your form to Swanie, we might be able to make a copy at the church Sunday morning before we leave.