The Air Force Academy decided to run the Freez-O-Ree in March this year and I think it would be a great opportunity for our Troop! The campout will take place from 17 March @ 4pm to 19 March @ 10am. The Air Force Cadets run this camp out and its a lot of fun!!
In addition to Campfire Ceremonies and other fun stuff. Here are the activies they will have available for the boys!
- Scouts vs. Blades – accuracy and safety with axes, saws and knives (equip: N/A)
- Scouts vs. Leadership Challenge – reaction course (equip: N/A)
- Scouts vs. Terrain – sled race (equip: troop sled)
- Scouts vs. Fire – fire safety and fire building (equip: matches and fire building materials)
- Scouts vs. Wild – wilderness survival skills (equip: shelter building supplies)
- Scouts vs. Rope – lashing skills (equip: 50 feet of 550 cord)
- Scouts vs. Injury – first aid skills (equip: first aid kit and splinting materials)
- Scouts vs. Compass – orienteering skills (equip: compass)
- Scouts vs. BSA Handbook – knowledge of Scout skills (equip: Boy Scout Handbook)
While they will not likely sign off on the achievements, the scoutmasters can and this is a great opportunity to have fun, camp and knock out some rank advancements. Scouts can also finish their cooking merit badge and well as other merit badge or rank advancements.
The scoutmaster program guide with all the events and packing list is attached below: https://www.pikespeakbsa.org/files/12694/Freexoree-2017
The cost for this trip will be $30 per scout. The Camp charges $20 and the other $10 will be for food.
I need two Adults to sign up for this campout. This is a car camping activity. Please sign up by March 13th.
Please sign up at Sign Up Genius: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/20F054BACA929A4FC1-freezoree