After careful consideration, coordination, contemplation, (and some other words that start with C), I have decided to cancel the trip this weekend.
If you purchased perishable food and would like reimbursement, let me know, we will get you squared away. For any non-perishables, we can save for future use, and will reimburse you for them as well.
I know this is not the decision many of you were looking for, but I want to err on the side of caution to protect the Scouts and Adult Leaders. Maybe I am being over protective (been known for that), but I believe this is the best decision for the Troop. Please know that I did not come to this decision lightly. For those of you who know me, I routinely will push the envelope to get things to happen, but this is not one of those times.
As a parent, I really want to go and have fun camping and shooting with my kid. As a leader, I feel it is my responsibility to ensure the safety of all who are involved in our activities. Not only exposure of our kids to each other, but to the many other Scouts and Scouting families who are attending CCD this weekend, and utilizing the camp and range facilities (shotgun, archery, and the other half of the rifle range).
Thanks for all the support you guys have shown via text message and such. I appreciate it.
As far as future meetings, D-11 is closed for the next two weeks, so Game Night is cancelled for the 17th. We will re-evaluate our meetings at the beginning of April. I will make a post as to where we are in that process when the time comes (school districts are re-evaluating on Mar 26th).
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly.