Boy Scout Troop 287
Meeting: Troop 287 Committee Meeting
Date & Time: April 11, 2017, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Location: Wilson United Methodist Church
In attendance: Pam Reeves, Danny Reeves, Sean Warner, Tom Sharp, Michael Pharris, Sandy Diggs
Sean Warner – Scout Master
- Opened the meeting
- FLAG COORDINATOR NEEDED , discussion of coordinator role , proposal of flag introductory meeting for scouts and parents. The Rotary Club will be in contact with the Troop and we need someone in place. May 9th meeting will be a review of the program and routes.
- May 16, 2017 Court of Honor, BBQ, 5:30 p.m.set up, 6 p.m. dinner 7 p.m. There will be a representative from Investment in Character (formerly Friend of Scouting) More info will be sent out regarding food sign ups.
- April 21-23, 2017, Bishop’s Castle Campout, please visit Sign up Genius
- Discussed fees due for the Summer Campout 2017. If you missed payment tonight at the scout meeting, please bring to the next meeting. Final payments due 4/25/2017.
- Discussed Summer Camp replacements, some scouts unable to attend. Possible one slot may be filled other is pending
- Discussed May Campout with Pack 6
- Soap Box Derby interest discussed
- Knot Patrol Meeting this Thursday- Scoutmasters planning
Danny Reeves – Committee Treasurer
- Gave the current status of the Troop’s total operating account
- Discussed the current status of flag and summer camp accounts
Tom Sharp- Chartered Org. Rep Committee Member
- Tool set purchase discussed, church in need of tools