TROOP 287 COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
January 13, 2015, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Jen Jirous, Joyce Moore, Keith Moore, Tom Sharp, Andrea Warner, Mary Cancaro and Lisa Woodard.
Jen Jirous – Committee Chair
- Minutes from December were approved.
- Recharter paperwork was completed; Troop 287 successfully rechartered.
- February 17th: Chili Cook-off Court of Honor; the boys will compete for 1st prize for the best chili
- The boys’ schedule from the Yearly Planning Meeting was approved
Keith Moore – Scoutmaster
- Troop 287 welcomes Webelos from Sean and Andrea Warner’s Cub Scout pack as guests at tonight’s meeting!
- Mary – Cub Scout Mom – was welcomed to the Committee Meeting
- January 24th ski trip was changed from Cooper to Monarch; it will be a one day trip instead of an overnighter; adult drivers needed.
- February 8th is Scout Sunday; the boys will attend either the 9:30 am or the 11:00 am service at Wilson United Methodist Church.
- Summer Camp: Sandy Johnston will send out information to the Troop so that decisions can be made.
Joyce Moore – Advancement Chair
- Continuing problems with Troop Master software/ church hardware was discussed
Tom Sharp – Charter representative
- Considering moving the boys’ plaques to the inner hallway
- Boy Scout bulletin board was also discussed
- Jim Brinkman, ex-Scout Master put new wheels and a new hub on the Troop’s trailer.
Mark your calendars – here are a few other upcoming activities planned by the Scouts’ at their Yearly Planning Meeting (more info at pikespeakbsa.org):
- Jan 17, Tiger Hockey Scout Night, at the World Arena, 5:00 arrival time.
- Feb 7, Saturday, from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Pikes Peak Council University of Scouting; held at Colorado Technical Univ. – space is limited.
- Feb 8, Scout Sunday; boys attend service at our charter organization: Wilson United Methodist Church
- Feb 27-Mar 1, USAFA Freeze-O-Ree; $20 early-bird registration.