Boy Scout Troop 287
Meeting: Troop 287 Committee Meeting
Date & Time: February 13, 2018 7:30 p.m.
Location: Wilson United Methodist Church
In attendance: L. Durrenberger, P. Reeves, D, Reeves, S.Diggs, S. Warner, T. Sharp, M.Pharris, M.Kellner, T.Josten
Lisa Durrenberger – Committee Chair
Opened Meeting 7:32 p.m.
Introduction to parent from Pack 26
- Discussions regarding Summer Camp Merit Badge selection, a date in April will be communicated as the deadline to get in selections in by May 2018.
- Summer Camp, June 17th-23rd, 2018, Camp Alexander, 13 scouts signed up
- Summer Camp Scholarship opportunities were discussed.
- Court of Honor, February 27, 2018, set up 5:30 p.m., start 6 p.m. dinner, COH 7 .p.m. Chili Cook-Off theme, Sign up Genius will be sent for supplies/food needed.
- Camp card sales, February 27th kick off at Overdrive Raceway, Monument CO. February 28th to April 29th, 2018 sales period. A Bass Pro storefront sales slot time given to the Troop. Please watch for updates. Great opportunity for scouts to earn money.
- Monthly notifications for Youth Protection training (YPT) will be made to keep up to date. Please watch for communications from Lisa.
Sean Warner – Scoutmaster.
- Snowshoe Camp Out*** DATE CHANGE** scheduled for March 3rd and 4th 2018, Leadville, Colorado , Sign up Genius sent out .
- Freez O Ree , March 16, 2018, Air Force Academy , leadership and adventure courses.
- Great Sand Dunes Camp Out, April 6th to 8th, 2018 Sign up Genius sent out
- Discussion for High Adventure 2019 – Sea Base trip, possible sailing excursion.
- Discussion of volunteer needed to help plan High Adventure trip
- Knot Patrol Meetings are proposed to be once a month. Any parent can participate. Involves planning camp outs.
- Discussion catching up on blue cards.
- Usage of Sign up Genius for Board of Reviews were discussed, more information to be communicated.
- REMINDER: Troop follows School District 11 schedule. If school is out the Troop does not meet.
Danny Reeves – Committee Treasurer:
- Gave the current status of the Troop’s total operating account
- Discussed the current status of equipment, scholarship and education
- Discussed the current status of flag and summer camp accounts due dates
Tom Sharp- Chartered Org. Rep Committee Member
- Discussion regarding scout leadership roles and training.