Boy Scout Troop 287
Meeting: Troop 287 Committee Meeting
Date & Time: January 12, 2016, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Location: Wilson United Methodist Church
Jon Ullmann, Tom Sharp, Jonathan Weston, Lisa Woodard and Sandy Johnston.
Jon Ullman – Scout Master
- Troop is in need of a Flag Coordinator
- Discussed the need to print door-hangers to increase ‘Flag’ subscriptions
- Tuesday, Jan 12th, 7:00 pm: will be a normal meeting with Weebelo Cub Scouts visiting; Eagle, Life and Star Scouts highly encouraged to attend
- Friday, January 29th, 5:00 pm activity: Freez-o-Ree versus Lock-In; boys voted at tonight’s meeting
- High Adventure Summer Trip is being discussed among the Scoutmasters; final decision will be given next Tuesday.
- Troop Master software program is up and running once again
Tom Sharp – Charter Organization Representative
- Feb 7th is Scout Sunday; boys attend one of the services, either 9:00 am or 10:30 am and help to usher, present a reading, and help take the offering.
- Discussed the possibility of doing the Soapbox Derby; May/June timeframe
Sandy Johnston – Committee Chair
- Tuesday, Feb 9th, 7:30 pm: Committee Meeting
- Tuesday, Feb 16th, 6:00 pm: Court of Honor ‘Chili Cook-off’
- Will be placing a bulk order for Troop t-shirts, hoodies, etc.