The focus of this Tuesday’s meeting will be preparations for the Centennial Campout and a Committee meeting.
Here is what we will focus on for the Campout:
- Meal Planning
- Packing Inspections
- Permission slips
The Committee Meeting will start at 730pm. Parents are always encouraged to attend along with the committee members.
Here is the packing list for the Centennial Campou PLEASE BRING YOUR GEAR WITH YOU TO THE NEXT MEETING. Always pack like you are going on a Backpack trip even when car camping. The goal is that all scouts know how to pack their backpack bag from memory.
1. A pocketknife or multitool
2. A first-aid kit
3. Bring extra clothing to match the weather.
4. Rain gear
5. A flashlight and/or headlamp
6. Trail food
7. Water (2 Liters)
8. Matches and/or a fire starter
9. Sun protection
11. Sleeping Bag should be rated to at least 20 degrees. If you can find one that is rated to 0 degrees then even better.
12. The Backpack should have a frame. School backpacks do not provide the support necessary for backpacking trips. I recommend at least a 45L backpack.
13. A Sleeping Pad
14 Class A’s and Class B’s
Here are some hygiene items you may want to pack, depending on the outing:
- Dental floss
- Waterless hand cleaner
- Toilet paper
- Trowel for digging cathole latrines
COOKING AND EATING
Here are some cooking and eating items you may want to pack, depending on the outing:
- Bowl for cooking and eating
- Cup or insulated mug
- Water treatment system
- Backpacking stove with fuel (Troop will provide this but you can bring one if you have it).
- Metal Cup that you can heat water on one a stove
Here are some extras you may want to pack, depending on the outing:
- Pen or pencil
- Small musical instrument
- Nylon cord (50 Ft for close line or improvised fishing)
- Insect repellent
- Hiking stick or trekking poles
- Animal identification books, plant keys, geological studies, star charts or other guide
Please feel free to contact me with any questions!