Sept Committee Meeting Minutes

BSA Troop 287 —  September 21, 2012 — Leave a comment

Troop 287 Committee Meeting minutes

September 11, 2012



Approval of Minutes

Kathy made motion Andrea 2nd

Scoutmaster Report

Waiting to get confirmation for shooting weekend: sign up will still go out tonight but we don’t have a cost yet

Need a point of contact for Dino walk in Oct 19-21

Boys want an over night ski trip this winter. Keith will look into Leadville and there may be a church that they can stay at for Jan.  ski cooper

Boys want to do rafting in June instead of August.

Summer camp option in Montana in July will keep looking into summer camp options boys did like Camp A

Boys want sledding at Camp A this will be a webelos invite camping trip Feb 8-10

There will be a whole week of in Nov during thanksgiving might be a good week to look at. Possible camp out the weekend before Thanksgiving the weekend of 16-18 Nov

Yearly planning meeting with the scouts, date not set yet

Merit badges coming up:

Family life still in progress with Gina

personal management Dave K starting soon

Citizenship of the world not starting till the first of the year

Swimming possible Tuesday the 25 th Sept

3 patrols

Duck tape



Need to have numbers for summer camp by Nov court of honor.

Equipment Update


Stove is the main thing left

Dining flies for the boys to set up for shelter

Flags Update

Gina- went very well- 250 flags  30 destroy homes

$440 we gave back to rotary for refunds of burned homes.

Sunday at 3pm meet at Jen Jirous house to go back out to PV to hit the remaining streets will open up to all scouts Jen will let Keith know so he can get a sign up tonight for scouts

The Swansons will do Veterans day flags organization

We will figure out PV flags routes when we see about the Subscriptions

Sean suggested

That we split the flags money to boys equally among the boys who showed in the morning and the ones who showed in the evening. Swansons will talk with Dave about past history but it was also agreed that the change if happens will start at the new year along with assigning the boys flags for the whole year. Will discuss at next meeting

Advancements Report

joyce not here to report

Treasurer’s Report

Jen made motion to accept budget and Kathy second it

Other items

Table till next meeting for a time to recharter

oct 2 chic file fundraiser

Andrea will check into posters and times for boys it was agreed that all funds raised will go equally to all boys who work the fundraiser and then we will look at a percentage for next time going back to the Troop

Next Meeting – Tuesday October 9 – 630p


BSA Troop 287


No Comments

Be the first to start the conversation.

Leave a Reply