Just a few reminders for the campout on Saturday.
- Please bring a signed permission slip. Its on the website to the right
- Please make sure you have a 0 degree bag or have liners or a bivy sac that converts it to 0 degrees. REI sells these and so do most outdoor retailers in town.
- Please bring a breakfast for the ride up on Saturday (Or eat before hand)
- Also, please bring on pre-made meal that you can heat up using only hot water. The Scouts planned for Everyone to bring one Mountain Man (Dehydrated Meal) type meal that you can get at any sports store. There are other brands too….
- Also, for money saving options for those that need to buy some gear, I recommend checking out Gearonimo and Mountain Equipment Recyclers. I was there yesterday and they have tons of used (but great) jackets, pants, and some new items too.
- I was in Costco today and I saw these boots for sale for about $15 so I thought it might be a good boot for scouts that are still looking for a pair. They say they are waterproof and insulated hiking boots.