We had a great Campout this Month by snowshoeing 3 miles up the Crags then camping at Sentinel Point Trail in Florissant. Here are some Review thoughts about the trip:
- We learned some cold weather camping lessons. Keep Nalgenes in your sleeping bags to prevent freezing.
- Dress properly while hiking in the cold. Don’t over dress while moving because you will sweat and get really cold when you stop.
- Pack your own bags. Please let the scouts pack their own backpacks. They should know what is in their pack. Parents can help by inspecting AFTER scouts attempt to pack on their own first. Parents, please do not pack for your scouts. Please do not OVERPACK! Their packs can get heavy quickly on the trail at altitude. Way too much clothes can become a hinderance just as fast as not enough clothes.
- Good job on the scouts that had a list of rank advancements needed to be accomplished. We were able to knock some of those out.
- Ingnacio did a great job teaching the Fireman’s Chit and also did great leading the troop on this hike/campout.
- Snowshoes can be a little tricky to walk in but the practice was good!
Here is the link to the photos. If you have any to add please send them too me!