This is our last Tuesday prior to summer camp and I would like to have one final meeting. If possible, I would like all summer camp scouts to attend and at least one parent for the first part of the meeting. We need to make sure we have all the required paperwork and basic packing list. We are also going over the schedule, meds, emergency contact procedures and everything else….
The link to the physical and Colorado can be found at the top of the Troop 287 Web Page at http://www.bsatroop287.org/summer-camp-2016-2/.
It can also be found at the Camp Leader’s Guide here: http://www.denverboyscouts.org/document/2016-peaceful-valley-scout-ranch-adult-leaders-guide/157926
Finally, every parent should go though the Program Guide with their scout: http://www.denverboyscouts.org/document/2017-cris-dobbins-program-guide/160308
Please bring the packing list to the meeting so we can go over it! The packing list is located at the link at the top of the page.
Here are some other tidbits:
- Cots are not provided at this camp. Scouts must bring their own or bring a sleeping pad. I didn’t see rental either. So scouts must bring their own cot or sleeping pad.
- There is a family night on Friday at 4pm. Parents are encouraged to come to see the final skits and campfire ceremony.
- Scouts should have a little spending money for the Trading Post. Usually $20 will do it. They usually spend it all on candy 🙂
- Summer camps have mosquitos for some magical reason. Scouts should bring bug spray.
- I would like all scouts to have at least one nalgene bottle as their method of hydrating, Its easier to judge how much water they drank.